We were both born in
Madrid. Some years ago, we visited the little-known area in the
north of Burgos province called the Merindades and we fell in
love with it. So we decided to move here and find a way to share
the place with other people, who love exploring nature and
enjoying its tranquility like us.
We built the cottage ourselves using ecological materials like wood and straw. Perhaps this is why we think the house is so cosy. We are sure that people who come and stay with us, will enjoy the comfortable rooms as much as the garden and mountain views from the terrace all year round, and the welcoming wood stove in the colder seasons.
Once our house was built, it was time to gradually increase the family and now we have one dog (Lucas), four cats (Michi, Panceta, Comino and Canelita) and two horses (Whiskey and Swing). Our guests can also enjoy their company.
The cottage is located in the little village of Villabáscones, in the Merindad of Sotoscueva of Burgos province in northern Spain.
In addition to gas central heating, the living room has a cosy wood stove for the colder months of the year.
The kitchen is fully equipped with fridge-freezer, dishwasher, a washing machine/dryer, oven, microwave, toaster, electric juicer, mixer, pressure cooker...
One with a queen-size double bed, and the other with two single beds each 90cms wide. The beds all have wooden slat bases, latex mattresses and 100% cotton sheets.
Each room has its own bathroom equipped with shower, basin and toilet.
Equipped with garden furniture to enjoy spectacular views.
In the surrounding
pastures of Villabáscones village there is an oak forest,
where you can also find beech trees, holly trees or rowans
mixed in. Amid these trees are a grouping anthropomorphic
tombs carved out of stone and dating from medieval times.
You can reach this
museum either by road or walking through the pastures, along
the same path that leads to the necropolis. The museum offers
an insight into the way the people who inhabited the Merindad
of Sotoscueva used to live and survive, through their trades
and their customs.
One of the most
impressive waterfalls in the Merindades. You can reach it on
foot from Casa Guareña, on a beautiful well marked trail
through oak, beech and birch forest and mountain views.
A historic and
traditional small town of the Merindades, whose first settlers
date back to Prehistoric times. Its houses with the shields of
noble families, defence towers, noble mansions, and arcaded
square, are a few of the outstanding architectural
Has an impressive
natural rock bridge over the Nela river, called "bridge of
God", which gives its name to this beautiful little village.
ruins of the old monastery of the Cistercian order that, in
spite of its destruction and its secular looting, continues to
preserve all its beauty.
One of the most
inhabited villages of the Merindades, it has a beautiful old
town and at least two places that can not be missed: the
Alcazar de los Condestables, a beautiful twin towered castle,
and the Santa Clara Monastery.
There is much
Romanesque style architecture to see in the Merindades, but
perhaps one of its jewels is this hermitage. It is small in
size, but big in beauty.
From a viewing
platform near the village of Pesquera de Ebro you can see the
spectacular landscape of the canyon that forms the Ebro River
in its route. There are many well marked walking/cycling
trails in the area along and above the great river and its
More - And more
Another jewel of
the Romanesque architecture in the Merindades. It has an
unmistakable silhouette on the prominent mountain from which
you can also admire the views, in addition to this beautiful
hermitage, one of the most spectacular landscapes of the
Possibly the most
picturesque village of the Merindades and also nominated as
one of the 10 most beautiful villages in Spain. On arrival two
things strike you: the magnificent medieval bridge at its
entrance and its imposing castle ruins, built on a large
boulder, which provides the most popular image of Frias.
LS: 200 €
LS: 550 €
LS: 100 €
10 € per stay
notice regulates the use of the casaguarenia.com website,
which is made available to Internet users.
The purpose of this website is to provide general and timely information about Casa Guareña: location, services and other aspects related to the activity.
The user agrees to use the portal and the services in accordance with the law, this legal notice, generally accepted good customs and public order.
The installation of links that allow access to websites managed by third parties is for the sole purpose of providing users with access to information, content and services available on the Internet. It is impossible for us to assume any responsibility for the information contained, however, we undertake to remove links if we are aware of the existence of illegal content or that infringe the rights of third parties.
The information contained on this website may contain typographical errors, inaccuracies and inaccuracies, which will be corrected as soon as they are detected, without this leading to greater responsibility.
is a file that is downloaded to your computer when you
access certain web pages. Cookies allow a web page, among
other things, to store and retrieve information about the
browsing habits of a user or their equipment and,
depending on the information they contain and the way they
use their equipment, they can be used to recognize to the
user .. The user's browser memorizes cookies on the hard
disk only during the current session occupying a minimum
memory space and not harming the computer. Cookies do not
contain any kind of specific personal information, and
most of them are deleted from the hard drive at the end of
the browser session (the so-called session cookies).
Most browsers accept cookies as standard and, independently of them, allow or prevent temporary or stored cookies in security settings.
Without your express consent, by activating cookies in your browser, you will not link in the cookies the data stored with your personal data provided at the time of registration or purchase.
What types of cookies does this website use?
– Technical cookies: Are those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and the use of different options or services that exist in it, for example, control traffic and data communication, identify the session, access restricted access parts, remember the elements that make up an order, perform the purchase process of an order, make the request for registration or participation in an event, use security elements during navigation, store contents for dissemination of videos or sound or share content through social networks.
– Personalization cookies: These are those that allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user's terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which the user accesses the service , the regional configuration from where you access the service, etc.
– Analysis Cookies: Those that are well treated by us or by third parties, allow us to quantify the number of users and thus perform the measurement and statistical analysis of the use made by users of the service offered. To do this, we analyze your browsing on our website in order to improve the offer of products or services we offer you.
– Cookies publicitarias: Son aquéllas que, bien tratadas por nosotros o por terceros, nos permiten gestionar de la forma más eficaz posible la oferta de los espacios publicitarios que hay en la página web, adecuando el contenido del anuncio al contenido del servicio solicitado o al uso que realice de nuestra página web. Para ello podemos analizar sus hábitos de navegación en Internet y podemos mostrarle publicidad relacionada con su perfil de navegación.
– Advertising cookies: These are those that, well treated by us or by third parties, allow us to manage in the most efficient way possible the offer of the advertising spaces that are on the website, adapting the content of the advertisement to the content of the requested service or to the use that you make of our web page. For this we can analyze your browsing habits on the Internet and we can show you advertisements related to your browsing profile.
Third-party cookies: The website may use third-party services that collect information for statistical purposes, use of the Site by the user and for the provision of other services related to the activity of the Website and other Internet services.
You can allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the browser options installed on your computer.